Birch bark puukko

Joonas Kallioniemi

Hello,

Recently I've been mostly lurking here, but I thought I'd put something for sale here. This is a very basic birch bark handled puukko with a blade forged from silversteel böhler k510, with brass fittings. The sheath snaps like it should. The blade on this one is 87 mm long, about 4,5 mm thick and 21 mm wide, with a handle length of 110 mm. This should be a wicked woodcarver and general cutting tool B)

This one is yours for 180 euros, This one is sold, thank you :) and that includes shipping in first class and everything. Paypal is probably the easiest way to pay. You can email me directly at joonas125(a)hotmail.com

nzp3.jpg

1hd3.jpg

cz99.jpg

3c48.jpg

1n8.jpg

0ckz.jpg

lm6z.jpg

q4at.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Joonas Kallioniemi

Joonas Kallioniemi

Would you mind saying how you finished the birch bark? It's perfect...and mine don't come out that way :)

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

Thanks guys!

Luke, I just sanded the handle to a fine grit, P1000, and then waxed it with a liberon brand antique wax. I'm guessing there are a lot of similar products like that. But I think the main thing in making a nice finish is sanding to a fine enough grit, and I think less than 1000 would be enough. The bark does a good job at clogging the sanding material so be careful not to burn the material into the grit. For the finishing I use the products labeled as abranet as they let the dust through.

If you need any more info just ask, I'll help if I can :)

Joonas Kallioniemi