250mm Gyuto, Craig Steven's Burl

Newest one. 250mm Gyuto, profile inspired by Masamoto. Insane material from Craig Stevens, and some ivory paper micarta. The micarta was the worst material I have worked with to date; I've used other paper micartas, but this one has taken the cake. Gummy, burns, stains, peels, everything. A lot of swearing took place when finishing the piece...

3.5mm spine thickness at the choil, 1mm towards the tip.

D0mhEdg.jpg

HqjhZ3U.jpg

ZAz0yTu.jpg

mkaEXXd.jpg

QytYB1x.jpg

5HYhiLA.jpg

nHZKaf9.jpg

Q4qN3qz.jpg

R93CCJ9.jpg

WwBKTJJ.jpg

Wow! Beautiful work! Some cook is gonna be very happy with that!

I love how in the second picture you can just barely see the reflection of you taking the photo. Adds a homey effect...

That is an Exquisite Blade well done mate !

Sam

i would invest in some sort of etching device for your mark. otherwise this blade is unbelievable.

Definitely. I've been trying to improve on "signing" my blades, but my method has been too crude and inconsistent. I'm building my own etcher right now, and hopefully that turns out to work well.

Thanks everyone!

Wow, nice angles on that handle.I like the look of just the one pin - do you have a hidden pin at other back or just using glue?

I've used ivory paper a couple of times and don't plan to buy any again soon! Didn't enjoy using it.

Wow, nice angles on that handle.I like the look of just the one pin - do you have a hidden pin at other back or just using glue?

I've used ivory paper a couple of times and don't plan to buy any again soon! Didn't enjoy using it.

There are other hidden pins in there also. I don't like the look of an even number of pins, and 3 is too busy for me... so one it was :)

Yeah I'm wondering if the material I got was from a bad batch, or if all ivory micarta is like that.