Guess what? Another katana.

Jesus - I was just tooling along, looking at this one. Thinking, yep, elegant, simple, working to stay within the form... and then I saw the tsuba! Nice twist. Works great with everything else not being over-stated. Just a quick zing. nice carving and saw work, too.

kc

Wow Simply Elegant !

Sam

Very nice. I like the sugata of the blade. Looks like it'll make a great cutter. Nice hamon, too. The brushwork on the saya is terrific, too.

I love the red and black color scheme, it would be stark were it not for the brushwork... and the hamon is amazing.

beautiful, Jesus - what do you use th blacken the copper fittings?

I was wondering the same thing, they turned out lovely.

Thank you, guys. I appreciate the comments. Walter, the client wanted specifically a hira-zuuri blade for tameshigiri. It is a very light blade for its thickness and cuts very well.

The chemical that I use to blacken the copper was a gift from a fellow member of this forum. Unfortunately, it has not been produced in years.

The alternative nowadays is to either use shakudo which patinates black with the rokusho solution or to use Birchwood Casey Brass black which is not as durable.

I've said it before and I will again, i'm a big fan of your work and this one is no different. Normally I would'nt be a big fan of the red but you have pulled it off in grand style. Well done..

Like its maker it is quiet and understated.

And also like its maker there's far more than meets the eye, should you take the time to look deeper. ;)

Beautiful, Jesus.