Warg tooth Seax WIP

Luke Shearer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nicely done!

Decent pictures too.

You have a good concept for the background, just need to clear up the focus on a couple frames. My camera can't seem to autofocus on knives, not sure if it is reacting to glare, reflections or who knows what else. Manual focus gives much cleaner looking pics for me... might be worth a try.

James

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave. ~Mark Twain

SageBrush BladeWorks (New website is in limbo...)

Top shelf, damn. I'd say you are in line for a fiery beard!

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

THAT is what I'm talking about! Well done, Luke, I am glad to have seen it take such an awesome journey in its birth , and this is only the beginning!

John

Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- my blog
-Nine Worlds Workshop-
-Last Apocalypse Forge-

Thanks everyone! I talked to Dave and Jake about taking better pictures, so I'll work on that soon.

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

all I can say is wow... I love seeing stuff like this, makes me want to make cool stuff.

This deserves to be called epic!

For the less, even as for the greater, there is but one deed which he may accomplish only once, and in that deed his heart shall rest.

I may not have a fiery beard (yet), but it is fire colored :D

Whoa...Just saw one O' you super admins pinned this. That's cool. Thanks!

So Alan...by "just need to see a little more" what were you referring to? :o

I think I have a buyer for this thing already! So thanks! (you know who you are)

I'll get to work on the sheath later today. I haven't worked out the specifics, but I know enough to get started.

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

This looks great, a great package you have built, makes me want to play with the wolfs tooth pattern again .....

Really well done, Luke! Besides the overall great package, I also really like the peened over tang :-)

Do you have any more advice to share about creating matching teeth? With help from John West, I managed my first woolf's tooth weld today but it was not perfect.

Niels

Luke,

This is inspiring and beautiful!

Alan, quit teasing the guy, he's clearly met the mark!

I've been off the forum for weeks with the move and all. Wonderful to see such an inspiring piece from a smith we've watched grow in the craft for a long time as my first view!

Well done, Luke. Seriously.

--Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Well...I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this :o

Then so it shall be! :D

Luke, you've waited a long time and worked very hard for this, and with Petr's third to Dave's second, let the world see the flame! Congratulations, and may it burn proudly.

Want to do the honors yourself, or would you rather one of us 'shopped you? I'm fond of smelting sparks myself... ;) Just need a good closeup.

When it's ready we'll have an unveiling in the Fiery Beards subforum. B)