• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nicely done!

Decent pictures too.

You have a good concept for the background, just need to clear up the focus on a couple frames. My camera can't seem to autofocus on knives, not sure if it is reacting to glare, reflections or who knows what else. Manual focus gives much cleaner looking pics for me... might be worth a try.

James

THAT is what I'm talking about! Well done, Luke, I am glad to have seen it take such an awesome journey in its birth , and this is only the beginning!

John

Thanks everyone! I talked to Dave and Jake about taking better pictures, so I'll work on that soon.

all I can say is wow... I love seeing stuff like this, makes me want to make cool stuff.

This deserves to be called epic!

Whoa...Just saw one O' you super admins pinned this. That's cool. Thanks!

So Alan...by "just need to see a little more" what were you referring to? :o

I think I have a buyer for this thing already! So thanks! (you know who you are)

I'll get to work on the sheath later today. I haven't worked out the specifics, but I know enough to get started.

Really well done, Luke! Besides the overall great package, I also really like the peened over tang :-)

Do you have any more advice to share about creating matching teeth? With help from John West, I managed my first woolf's tooth weld today but it was not perfect.

Niels

Luke,

This is inspiring and beautiful!

Alan, quit teasing the guy, he's clearly met the mark!

I've been off the forum for weeks with the move and all. Wonderful to see such an inspiring piece from a smith we've watched grow in the craft for a long time as my first view!

Well done, Luke. Seriously.

--Dave

Then so it shall be! :D

Luke, you've waited a long time and worked very hard for this, and with Petr's third to Dave's second, let the world see the flame! Congratulations, and may it burn proudly.

Want to do the honors yourself, or would you rather one of us 'shopped you? I'm fond of smelting sparks myself... ;) Just need a good closeup.

When it's ready we'll have an unveiling in the Fiery Beards subforum. B)