Organizational meeting and BBQ, Northern VA Bladesmiths

My back yard. 3pm on Sunday, July 14, 2013. PM me for address if you don't have it already. Bring your work. Bring your sense of humor. Bring your willingness to help me out with this nutty idea. Bring meats, drinks... We grill. Grunt.

-Jim

Oh, and OldDominionBladesmiths.org is now under construction. Somebody save me from group organization!

Edited by JimC

That's good, because I'll be on an airplane on our usual "every other sunday", the 7th. Need to let Nate and Lauren know. Forgot all about it this last weekend.

Bacon. You speak my language.

Well, Doug, if I'm ever in your part of IL, I'll drop in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let me be the first to say, I think the meeting was a success. I learned a great deal, and wish I had time to ask each artists more questions, but just seeing everybody's work was inspiring. Each maker involved has something worth learning from. Thank you all!

We'll resume my "2nd Sunday" meetings tomorrow, if anyone wants to come over. I'm not lighting the forge, though, it's too hot. We can work with whiteboard and talk about bevels, and I'll put my library on the table, I think it can be time well spent.

I'm hoping I can make it... I've got one of my final projects due this weekend, and I'm heading out of town this next week... I'll let you know tomorrow...

Uhh, yerself... where were ya? :ph34r:

Sean showed, and learned a great deal apparently. We also fixed one of the knives he's been carrying around, with some minor but focused grinding.

I had sent you a text, and I'm guessing it didn't go through... I apologize... Since I'm heading out of town this week, I had some last minute things to wrap up. I'm hoping I can make the next one..