Low tech furnace controller alternative?

I have a home built furnace that does 2 things well- heat treating & blowing relays at annoying times. I really only use it for hardening & annealing/ normalizing, so it only sees 3 or 4 different temps & most of the programming features I've never used n I'm thinking about changing from a PID controller to something simpler. Does anyone know of an analog or dial type controller? Or something can be created "off the shelf" from the hardware store?

Thanks

Dave Armour

Photos of your Unit would help and don't be shy with them we need to see several the heat unit,the core (the set up) and what you have now , Also what power you are running 110V,220V correct wiring.

Sam

It ending up to be a moot point- found out last night I have to go by where I bought the bricks & element for the furnace. I called them & they have a couple of controllers that will work & will install one for me. Problem solved.

Thanks

How about a follow-up with pictures Dave? That would help some of the rest of us that are not as far down the road as you are with some inspiration and ideas.

James

Here's a couple of quick phone pics. Sorry they're turned sideways- I didn't notice that till they were on here. Nothing fancy but it works aside from the relay issues. It runs on 110v.

body view.JPG

front view.JPG

relay view.JPG

Switch under the PID pwers up the unit. Switch on the side kills power to element so I can load/unload without lighting myself up. There's a cover that goes over the controller. Again nothing fancy, just a sheet metal box

I'll let you know what I end up doing with it.

Dave

Edited by Dave Armour