Stainless San Mai Wabi-Sabi Petty Knife and Integral Pork Sword

Big name for a little knife.
This is my first post on the new forum. I need to be better about checking over here but work is keeping me busy!
Here is my Iphone Photo.

wabi_zpsc75a6dea.jpg

The blade is .110 thick full flat ground to .002" then sharpened at 30 degrees. The san mai is 410 with a 1080+ core. This thing is sharp and cuts like crazy!

The handle is carbon fiber and turkish walnut.

The thing that looks like a hamon is carbon migration from the 1080+ core to the 410 SS cladding. Crazy!

I made the knife so I could to some serious testing on a billet that a customer ordered. :)
Next is my integral CruForgeV Pork Sword. It is a jumbo sized sujihiki with a cross between a Wa and Yo handle. Handle is Box Elder with a Buckeye spacer. Mustard forced patina on the blade. The blade is .080" thick and 15.5" long.
porksword_zps732a6e08.jpg
Thanks for looking! Sorry my iPhone takes such crappy pictures. :P

I snorted a bit when I got to "CruForgeV Pork Sword". You sir, have a knack for naming things (and making some pretty nice knives.

"I have surprised myself with what I can make with simple tools when a definite need arose. I don't think a man knows what he actually can do until he is challenged."- Dick Proennke

I was originally going to be making an integral chefs knife but I kept thinning it out and it got longer and longer... The Pork Sword is 21.5" overall length. It is a formidable BBQ knife. I cut a full pork shoulder in half in one fluid slice, not a chop, a pulling slice. The shoulder was about 4" tall and 5" deep at the cut. That is a lot of flesh for one cut.

I built the knife for me since I was in need of a good knife for prepping and serving BBQ. This knife so far has worked great! I might regrind it thinner. I had left the edge .005" thick before I sharpened it. I think I will zero grind it. I like my knives stupid sharp!

I would leave it as is honestly, it looks like you'd be chasing a non existent if you try thinning it more, especially with that sort of performance.

"I have surprised myself with what I can make with simple tools when a definite need arose. I don't think a man knows what he actually can do until he is challenged."- Dick Proennke

Hasan PORK Chop! A worthy blade for the wondering blind samuri BBQ Chef. Fling a Pork loin into the air " Swish" Down Comes a rain of Pork Chops! :ph34r: Very Classy stuff sir!

www.hoyfamily.net

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Mr 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

I tried to convince my wife to throw fruit at me. She wasn't having it.

I never have problems getting my wife to throw stuff at me... :rolleyes:

Nevermind... :D

Very nice knives!

James

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave. ~Mark Twain

SageBrush BladeWorks (New website is in limbo...)