Hello Gentlemen!

i am here afain to share completed work- this time a generous commission. its a sax wit 10 inches long blade made of of wrought iron and hearth steel. there are 3 grooves and three inlayed rondels in fine silver. Handle is reindeer antler chip carved in deep relief. fittings are silver and are reinforces with chased ridge. Pomel is cast silver with engraved sides and garnet set in the bezel.

scabbard is leather over wood core. Inside is lined with felt. Leather is carved, incised and tooled. Fittings for the scabbard are moose antler and silver

I would love to read your thoughts and criticism. its my first chip carving of this type and i love it, i will use it often from now on

Petr

DSC06747.jpg

DSC06750.jpg

DSC06752.jpg

DSC06751.jpg

DSC06745.jpg

Your work looks to nice Petr... and creates insecurity problems... in the best way of course! :P

Love the handle, the detail really stands out. Also a big fan of the leather work! are the little rings also mini belt buckles? someone really lucky to get this one

The depth of your carving and texture it suggests is like nothing I have seen anywhere else. Beautiful and elegant once again!

John

I love when antler is not stained awesome looks like ivory! really nice depth on the carving Petr.

It Looks fantastic Petr! I love how you tackled the handle ising the chip carved style. What a package!

Brilliant work Petr. Love the inlay circles in front of the fullers (Fulli?) :)

:blink: .....

Petr, my friend, you have outdone yourself on this one. If there were a higher honor than the beard, well, you'd have it. I still think you and Hloh have a time machine in his shed, you know...

Awesome, just awesome. B)

Awesome work, Petr! That leatherwork really stands out to me at the moment.

Fine work. Very fine. Every detail.

Stunning just stunning. I didn't know chip carving could be used in that way.

Fantastic work. I don't know that I've ever seen such deep carving on a handle, and it looks fantastic. The whole piece is just so rich with little details that make the whole thing pop.

Beautiful work.

oh yeah, that is a really nice bit of work. I am quite impressed. Very...

you are very talented and still getting better my friend!

Petr, that is an amazing piece of work, every single aspect of it shows highly skilled craftsmanship and a deep understanding of the art of our ancestors. Well done sir, well done.

it's beautiful Petr. One of my favorites of yours. And another step forward for you.

I had just made myself a chip carving knife from a crooked knife that broke in the quench.... maybe someday I will try to learn!

Awesome work Petr!!!

Kip

Edited by Kip Kaiser