Sign in to follow this  
Skip Williams

Trouble Signing In and Signing Out

Hey Admins,

For quite some time I've had problems signing into the forum. The work around seems to be to delete the cookies for the bladesmithsforum.com from the browser cache. BUT Right now the problem I'm having is that I can not Sign Out of the forum.

The symptoms for the Sign In problem go like this.

- visit the forum homepage.

- click on the Sign In link

- enter my credentials

- unclick the Remember Me check box

- click OK (or whatever the button says)

--- This redirects me back to the forum home page but I am not logged in!

--- If I enter an incorrect password I am redireted back to the Sign In page so I know my Password is correct.

Symptoms for the Sign Out problem

-click on the Sign Out link

---the browser is redirected back to the forum home page but I am not logged out!!!

When I couldn't Sign In I realized that there was no way for me to contact the forum Admins and get some help. So, Is there an email contact for the forum maintainers?

Best

Skip Williams

Google Chrome 29.0.1547.66 (Official Build 220848) m

OS Windows

Blink 537.36 (@156661)

JavaScript V8 3.19.18.19

Flash 11,8,800,168

User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.66 Safari/537.36

Edited by Skip Williams

I've had similar issues and have been only able to sign-in on the main page of the forum i.e. if I've navigated to any of the sub-forums or clicked a topic and then try signing in.

~Bruce~

I don't know either. It'll work fine for me at home and on my phone, but just recently I have to sign in every time on my work computer. I never try to log out, so I can't help with anything, apparently... :wacko: I suspect it's a bug in the forum script. Niels will be able to figure it out when he sees this.

Testing today showed that there are problems signing in and signing out on the these combinations of software

Windows XP sp3 and Chrome v.29

Windows XP sp3 and Firefox

Windows 7 and Chrome 29

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10

I can confirm Bruce's post above about having to sign in from the homepage. In addition the symptoms seem to change depending on the state of the Remember Me checkbox (this is on XP and Chrome 29) Creating the ultimate 'test case' for this problem will be a bit difficult until I find the next bit of insight into how the system is intended to function.