Hi!

This is my latest thing - a birthday present for my better half :) . It is a more complicated version of a knife I posted here some time ago... and looking at it now, I already know what I would do differently. Since it´s supposed to be a knife for a rich woman (or a woman with a rich husband), I decided to reconstruct one copper inlaid chape... it was my third inlay so far, and I must say that I am not completely satisfied with the thickness of my lines, nor with their straightness... well, I will do better next time, hopefully. Oh yes, and the knife is with wrought iron body (forgewelded from 4 different wroughts to get a bigger piece :D ) and tool steel edge. Rest of the sheath is sewn with a hand-spun linen thread.

IMG_0173%20(1280x960).jpg

IMG_0175%20(1280x960).jpg

Very nice, both the knife and the sheath.

And hats off to those who are unafraid to arm their women B)

I love it, every detail shows skill and craftsmanship and goes together perfectly. I am impressed with the metal sheath fittings in particular, the inlay really goes well with the theme and is a detail I'd never considered.

Well done sir!

I love it, every detail shows skill and craftsmanship and goes together perfectly. I am impressed with the metal sheath fittings in particular, the inlay really goes well with the theme and is a detail I'd never considered.

Well done sir!

Exactly what George said. B)