Any other Colorado smiths?

I know there are a lot of other Colorado smiths, but I want to know are there any that focus on blades like I do. I used to be apart of RMS but there wasn't really much community there for young smiths, or even blade smiths really. I learned quite a bit from them initially but until I talked to other bladesmiths here on don fogg I really didn't learn as much as I needed to improve.

It's been 3 years and I have only ever met one other smith...Other than the legacy forge smith that goes to the ren. festival, oh and the ones who forge at the festival, though they seem to frown upon the "newbies" and pattern welded steel...

Sorry, ranting...If any there are any other Colorado smiths on here I would love to chat and possibly smith sometime hah.

Also in the approximately year I've been here (on the forum) I've learned a ton from everyone willing to divulge their wisdom (And mistakes they've made hah) It's awesome how great of a community this forum is, I have yet to see a truly mean post hah

Edited by Daniel J. Luevano

Heya Daniel, I mess around once and a while. I have a shop in Denver and I dont do any architectural smithing :-) ,,, RMS is what it is, seem like a good bunch of guys but not really bladesmiths. Hit me up and we can get together and talk smithing,,,

jm

Hi, Daniel. I'm over in Arvada. I get to smith occasionally. we might be able to chat or do some smithing. Peace.

Brice

Hey there, I am out in Morrison. I set up a 10'x20' car port as a small very modestly stocked shop up at my friends house who is also trying to learn. only really have time to smith in the winter so I am very much still a beginner.

• 5 years later...