Tommy McNabb 50 Ton Press - For Sale

I have a Tommy McNabb 50 Ton Press sitting in my garage here in Winter Springs Florida. I simply don't see myself using it anytime soon and I wanted to give folks here on this forum first shot at it.

The press has been used little and is in great shape. Honestly, it saw the most use by Michael Pikula and Owen Bush during Arctic Fire 2013 when they were forging the blade for the artifact (http://arcticfire2013.com/Home_Page.php). I don't like to think about what it cost to ship this thing from Alaska! :)

You can find the specs for the press on Tommy McNabb's site here: http://www.carolinaknives.com/getproduct.php?pid=2

I've attached a few pictures here as well. The press sells for $6300 from Tommy. I'm asking $4000.

Drop me a line if you're interested or simply want to know more about this press. I'd like to find it a home where it will be put to good use.

-Shane

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Edited by Shane Harvey

Oooh, I want one of those bad (was thinking of calling ron clayborne after tax season, and McNabb's presses are heavier duty), but I'm most likely buying a 50lb little giant hammer in a few weeks, so unless you can take a creditcard payment somehow, I dont think there's any way i'd be able to swing it. Florida is a lot shorter drive than alaska though =P

• 2 years later...

Hey Shane - Sorry to reopen an older thread, but is this hydraulic forging press still available? I am attempting to get into blade smithing, but my funds are fairly limited - so I've been hoping to find a used press in good condition. If it is, I am very interested in it! Please let me know as to whether it is still available or not.