Le Mimer

Claude DUBOIS

In te he Scandinavian mythology Le Mimer is "the Well of Knowledge" and a knife forged by swedish Mastersmith Michaël Andersson , whom i like the work ! I've read explanations about the process in a David Darom's book , and I decide to do someone for training my forging skill.

Here is te results .

Overall length 350mm , blade of 210x40x6x mm , nickel damascus+ twist damascus guard , nickel damascus pommel, dyed and stabilised Koudous 'bone for the handle. No sheath for this time .

Best regards from France .

Mimerleft.jpgMimeright.jpgMimerblade.jpgMimergarde.jpgMimergardegauche.jpgMimerpommeau.jpg

Enjoy!

http://couteauxdubois.free.fr

Pour forger,faut être marteau !

Monseur Dubois,I don' know the french word for awsome! C'est Manufique!!! (That's the only French I know, not counting cusine) beautifull!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

For Miles , the french word for awesome is Magnifique , thanks a lot ! for Mr Higson it's not really a Spiderweb effect , it is just a mosaïc effect with square steel and nickel plates , the rotation off lines are obtained by re-squaring operation (forging on the angle of the square)

Is my explanation clear for you ?

http://couteauxdubois.free.fr

Pour forger,faut être marteau !

Beautiful design and materials, well done man.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

to the eyes its an impressive blade

never seen that pattern before

you have done a wonderful job its a great package

~M~

aux yeux de sa lame un impressionnant

jamais vu ce modèle avant

vous avez fait un travail merveilleux c'est un grand paquet

Member:

Cal Knives