last order for 2013: slim integral

wieland

hello together,

this integral was my last order for 2013,

now it´s done before christmas-
and after the holidays I´ll play a bit with steel...just for fun and just for me! :)

some specs to the knife:
W1 forged
ebony
total-length 33cm
sharp 18cm
thickness 5,5-1,5mm

merry christmas!
gerhard

371a.jpg

371b.jpg

371d.jpg

371g.jpg

371h.jpg

371i.jpg

371j.jpg

371l.jpg

371n.jpg

371o.jpg

My Webpage

ceterum censeo ferrum esse cudendum!

gerhard a.d. 2007

As expected! Always good to see your posts, magnificent work Gerhard! Compliments of the season to you and your family!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

It is always a pleasure to see your work Gerhard. Masterful knife to be sure. I love your knives because they always flow from one element to the next. They are all curves and I dig that immensely.

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."  -Albert Camus

http://www.krakenforge.net/

Wow! Amazing craftsmanship! I very much like the texture on the neck and back of the lower part of the knife. And as mentioned before the flow of this knife is superb.

Men are just boys with bigger toys!

Have always been a fan of your work and this is just another amazing beauty.

"Any system that does not give ample opportunity for talent to displace unearned rank (dead money) will, in the end, be forcibly replaced"

http://fireandforge.wozaonline.co.za/

that is wonderful! I love the hamon, the clip, and the sweeping curve of the ricasso area. That is some very nice steel carving.

Of course, the fit between bolster and handle is great as always.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

thank you all for this huge feedback, I really appreciate it!

@raymond,

the same here with your knives...!

@don fogg,

I love your work. So distinctive, flowing and interesting. Well done.

Thank you don. It means a lot coming from you!

@christopher makin,

´the carved detail´ is the surface of the integral-part- right?

it is done with dremel and a coarse rotating insert.

best regards!

gerhard

My Webpage

ceterum censeo ferrum esse cudendum!

gerhard a.d. 2007

Thanks for continuing to share your work with us, Gerhard! You're an great source of inspiration!

Amazing piece.

--Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

I love your work, I always find it fresh and very inspiring. This knife just blows my mind. The flowing lines are simply beautiful and not one thing feels wrong in any way, just lovely ... Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

MP