Bushfire Forge International Symposium of the Axe'n Seax 2014...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Jon,

I was a little reticent putting the word international before the title, despite the mix of demonstrator nationalities....

So far there has been interest from America ,Norway ,Greece, Holland, Switzerland ,Czech Republic , Ireland , New zealand, Finland , Latvia, Spain , France .and of course the UK.

so international it is , what a great mixing pot

Hello All,

I have sent info out to everybody that emailed me if you want to come along or find out more please email me at

www.forge-in@owenbush.co.uk

I look forward to meeting you all at the event...

All the best Owen

I'm getting ready to buy my plane ticket and the likes as well. I'm thinking I might end up booking at the Bexelyheath Marriott or the Bexely Holiday Inn. Found a couple of dicount packages online for those two.

-Jon

Nice one Stephane.

Jon either of those would be fine.

Just got off the phone to Jake and I am exited (4 months too early!!).

ugghh... I so wish I could come. So hard with two little ones to get away and I had to use my 'travel' money for Patrick's class at Ric's. Hopefully next year I can get over to the other side of the pond and visit...

• 1 month later...

I'll be there. Events like this don't happen every day and the caliber of the demonstrators speaks for itself. Being unemployed with no place of my own to forge leaves money fairly scarce for me but it's an oppertunity I couldn't pass up. Plus I get to, in some small way, represent Ireland as much as they might not choose me to do it.

Anyway thanks Owen for setting this up. Can't wait till May.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant wait for this !! :)

Jon, (depending how fussy you are, of course) I would suggest a sleeping bag and crash mat rather than a hotel for a couple of nights. At previous 'owens' the people who have booked accommodation always look so upset when they leave in the evening to go back to the digs !

Having just gotten back from a wonderful American trip I am all fired up about this.

I will be sending out joining information in the next day or so.

bring on the axes and bring on the seaxes.

I will have a display area and encourage people to bring a show and tell piece.

Having done my part to make Owen's Appalachian journey worthwhile, I must now ask about the Viking Exhibit trip on the 15th: where at the Museum and when and who? Inquiring minds and spouses and all that!

Owen, I'm not certain I'll be able to bring a show and tell piece. There's not much time to finish one. I'll give it a shot, though.

John, I think I'll just have to play it by ear as the hotel is already paid for.

Alan, I'm definitely going to be there for the Museum. I think I should be arriving on the morning of the 14th. Not certain. I'll have to check my itinerary.

LOL. The Museum doesn't know what they're in for. A couple dozen bladesmiths descend on the Viking exhibit with a level of enthusiasm that only soccer (football in Brit terms) fans display in other parts of the world.

I just hope no one is arrested.

Grins,

Dave

Me and Vic are chewing over the details as we speak and should have all joining instructions done today.

we have 40 tickets booked for the museum!!!!!!!

and I have a medieval venue in mind for port afterwards or before!!!

I am getting T shirts dome tomorrow, forge in ahoy!!

we have time slots booked at

1.00pm

1.10pm

1.20pm

1.30pm

and will be gathering on the steps at the front entrance of the BM at 12.30 look for the "anvil".....

I think it'll be around 2.30 before I can get to Baker Street based on travel times in January but if I miss the group there I'll see you all at Owen's. What time are things starting on the 16th or is there an email coming with details?