Bushfire Forge International Symposium of the Axe'n Seax 2014...

I vote for port afterwards, we can sit in the cellars and discuss! Excellent spot for a bit of viking...

Wait, there was a hammer-in in Oakland? What's the deal? Why didn't I hear about this? I could have been there. I guess it was invitation only or something.

You missed it, it was announced well in advance: http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=25629

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're telling me there's a pie made of bacon? A bacon pie?...and port...and a cheese board...and swords, knives, hammers, fire and hot steel?!!!! Why are we not there right now, Alan?

I'll be leaving NY tomorrow evening and arriving at Heathrow on Wednesday morning around 9:45-10ish...anyone feel like meeting up for a late breakfast or lunch? Hotel check in isn't until 2pm, so I gonna have some time to kill wandering around town.

All visitors to London please invest in a "LONDON A-Z" map/book, available at all news stands/newsagents. All Londoners have one, and they are indispensable. Accept no imitations!

Edited by Dan P.

Sitting in the Orlando airport, getting ready to head that way. Van is coming and we're bringing the nice video cameras we bought for Arctic Fire. We'll be posting some video of the event on this thread. Watch for it. Nothing live, however. Just recorded stuff. (Oh, we got Owen's permission for this, BTW).

I'd like to thank Owen for all the hard work organizing the event. This has been one of the best weekends in years. Thanks also to the the great demonstrations and lectures. To all the guys I met and chatted to forgive me if I've forgotten your names or not gotten in contact please feel free to message me I'd love to keep in contact.

I'm back as well. It was a fantastic long weekend. Owen, thanks to you and all the helping hands for organizing this so well. You managed to gather an amazing panel of talented people.

Not only talented but also open to share knowledge, inspiration, beers and good food :D

Fantastic to see the guys from this forum in person, (once again for some)

Now I want to make an other seax, and axes and... ahhhh too many things ;)

Thank you !!

Stéph

Edited by Stéphane A.

Thanks a bunch Owen, for organizing this. I'm already looking forward to the next edition :)

Lectures and demo's were superb, food was great, mead was plentiful, the crowd was super nice, talented and friendly...

I found it a very inspiring and enriching experience.

I'm still in England, currently Oxford, en route to Glastonbury and points southwest in Cornwall. It was a great time as expected, and if you are wondering Hloh is as great in person as he is online (grin) as are the rest of you. Owen and helpers did a fantastic job getting thing up and running as well as down and cleaned up. This is not an event to be missed, even if London Transit did their level best to prevent my attendance Sunday.

Back! :) And as the event went by so fast, I made sure to take lots of photos to catch up with everything back home. Great to meet so many people again including lots of people I had not met in real life yet. And thanks again Owen for getting together such a great event!

axeseax.jpg

Photo's can be found here: http://1501bc.com/page/axe_and_seax/index.html ( or as zip: http://1501bc.com/page/axe_and_seax.zip )