forged spring steel with hamon

leather rings on handle

Lampropeltis mexicana on sheath

Length of knife - 52cm :)

last photo - human scale :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

That's a pretty sweet looking knife! Good gracious it's big...

That last pic, however, is kind of inappropriate... From what I can tell, there are quite a few young people on this forum, whose mothers would probably not appreciate them seeing that.. So for the sake of not getting the younger group of smiths banned from the forum, how about leaving that off next time?

I do love the blade though!

-=James Fuller=-

Wow! Tomas, when you said big, you realy meant it! Love it!

Yeah, not to make you think we're trying to step on your toes or anything, but we try to keep this a family friendly site.

That is one beastly blade though!

Also inappropriate ??

Diego-Velazquez-Venus-at-her-Mirror-The-

Modigliani%25252C%252520Reclining%252520

I am teacher of art, on the naked bum is not and will not be anything inappropriate.

Fortunately, in Europe not :)

I like the blade too although I am not sure I'd be able to wield it for it's size.

On the issue of the bum. Europeans and many other cultures as well, tend to see this issue differently than we do in the US. In the end it is up to the moderators and what they want this site to look like.

Yeah, sorry bout this, but being one of the younger (if not the youngest) this is something my parents would not like here. Thanks.

man that is one hell of a knife :blink: i always look forward to your work but this one had me surprized even more than usual.

i also agree that a bum is not offending, and that is a very lovely way to show of a knife, especialy when the picture is this great (and the bum this shapely B) )

but i also understand why some people find it inapropriate, i would advice to link through to your own site, when you take another picture like this,

so people can decide themselves if they want to see it.

Now that's a knife! :blink:B)

As for the (delightful!) bum, well, as I told Petr once, America is a nation of prudes and thought police. I personally have no problem with it (the bum), however my main concern is that stuff like that would get my access to the forum blocked from my office, and I do not want that to happen.

So, despite the fact that there is a double standard (if it's painted, drawn, or sculpted it's art, if it's a photograph it's not <_< ), I'd prefer if you just gave a link to your site for more photos, with an appropriate disclaimer to prevent the prudish from shocking themselves.

Hey Tom, your bum are less hairy than I expected...

Hope that you do not sell that knife, I want see it in real once.

How much it weighs with sheath?

Wow that is a KNIFE, and I agree with Alan, "America is a nation of prudes and thought police" the pic would not raise an eyebrow anywhere else, they would probably think the knife was the problem. :wacko:

Richard

if it's painted, drawn, or sculpted it's art, if it's a photograph it's not <_<

SILLY DEFINITION

man-ray-violon-dingres-2802049.jpg

Tomas, you're work always leaves me wanting to go back into the shop at try again at something.

This blade, as with many others you've shown through the past 12 months or so, really has impressed me how you get such a finish. I really like the contrast from the rough finish at the spine into the scupltured satin finish through the edge and with a hamon effect or quench line too add effect, Jeez.

I know...I know... "keep trying" right ~ !?

Keep it up!

regards, GT

My works net-nanny blocked access to your site so I'll have to wait til I get home to check out the "bum" for an informed opinion

didnt know one could get king snake hide..........................................................

gee tom its a real monster of a blade I guess if you help the point down it have been better

I'm sorry to the group I dont see the problem its been a long time since I was a minor .

maybe the adminstrators will sound in on it

oh I agree with Hloh <lol>

~M~

Tomas- love the knife and the photo. I really like how you handled the pommel.

The piece reminds me of what Judith is often depicted using as she beheads Holofernes, as in the famous rendition by Caravaggio. This is the graphic true use that guided the design and development of many of the historical blades we make. I find it odd that blades meant for killing are unquestionably "family friendly," while the appropriateness of a non-explicit art nude photo could possibly be called into question. Weird.

^_^

cara.jpg

That is a mean looking knife Tomas. Good god it is huge too! I always love seeing your work though. Great work.

Edited to say: Garrett, thank you for saying what I wanted to say in a much more eloquent way. Violence is acceptable and nudity is not? Very strange indeed.

Edited by Wes Detrick

As much as I hate to kick a dead horse, Tomas has made a great knife. It upsets me that he can't express his knife in a way that has inspired him.

Who cares if it offends you? A naked woman and a knife is not my style, so what. We are friends here.

When I look at a properly proportioned seax I can't think of anything but carnage.... that is so much more terrible than the contrast of a keen edge and the elegance that we all are created to desire. Can we please stop this pretense of being morally superior? Please.

now that is a BIG, BAD, DARK, BEAUTIFUL, BEAST!!!!!

i only see a hand holding a knife in the last pic.......i guess i'm late AGAIN :D !

i didn't see the pic and i can not say if it is apropriate or not but i love your work both in knives and pictures.very inspiring!thank you!

Thank you Tomas!

nope there is absolutely nothing wrong with that pic to my personal opinion.i consider that as one of the most beautifull images i have ever seen.

but again this is just my personal opinion.what i'm trying to say here gentlemen is that we can argue for a loooooooong looooong time about what is considered art and what not, about which are the borders of art and if there should be borders in art or not and the conclusion would be that each one of us has a different opinion and every opinion is respectable even if we agree or not.i would personaly not delete this image as i can see nothing inapropriate or insulting to the naked female body as it is presented on the picture BUT i am not a moderator in this forum and i totaly understand the reason they did it.sorry for the poor vocabulary and probably poor grammar :)

thank you!