Great video multibar blade, Start to Finish

Awesome video. Awesome blade.

Can anyone enlighten me on how the Logo etch was done ? The nitric acid part I can understand, but what was that machine he used to create the Bird image ? I've not seen that before. A stamp and paint/resist over the stamp ? What sort of tool was that ?

-Bruno

in the comment section, he sais that the material loss is because he then get a nicer pattern when he grinds deeper into it.

i still think it is a bit of a shame though.

i also really like his power hammer, it alsmost looks like something i could build ^_^

Awesome video. Awesome blade.

Can anyone enlighten me on how the Logo etch was done ? The nitric acid part I can understand, but what was that machine he used to create the Bird image ? I've not seen that before. A stamp and paint/resist over the stamp ? What sort of tool was that ?

-Bruno

If I am not mistaken, I think that was screen printing (silk screening). Edit to add: Never added a video like that before, way too easy. That was just the first video in my Google search for it.

Edited by Jerrod Miller

Great power hammer, looks like a home built. And really nice square bars, that takes some skills. The material loss is HUGE. To bad he doesn't get more out of the process. Beautiful work.

Geoff

thinked the same about the material loss but, but i think he made that way to avoid distortion of the pattern, if you hammer the bevels may be you'll have a slightly different pattern on them.

just my 2 cents