Sworddesigns From The First Age

Hi all,

I wanted to show you two new designs I made. They are both in spired by Tolkien's Silmarillion, from the First Age of Middle-Earth.

The First sword is a sword inspired on the kings of Númenor, the island where Aragorn's predecessors once lived. The second design Is inspired on Fingolfin, an ancient elven king who fought against the evil Melkor or also known as Morgoth. This is my interpretation of Fingolfin's sword which he used in that battle.

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-18 om 19.19.43.png

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-18 om 18.16.59.png

They are made on paper with pencil and are edited in photoshop.
Let me know what you think :)
Cheers,
Jasper

These are fantastic Jasper..I especially like the second one. You have a real gift there to be able to draw like that. such nice clean drawings and attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing your work in steel one day.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your compliments :)

I'm going to start forging at a smith near me soon, hope I'll learn the trade there!

Thanks guys! I appreciate your compliments :)

I'm going to start forging at a smith near me soon, hope I'll learn the trade there!

I am sure Jasper you will make some fantastic blades I am looking forward to the day when you get started.

Very kind of you Rob! I have to say that I am quite in awe of your first sword as well :o

Appreciate it Richard! Yes finally... And I'm lucky to have him within 3 miles from where I live! Didn't think there'd be smith that close to me..

• 2 weeks later...

Jasper, I don't know what your plans are for the future but have you thought about training as a gold or silver smith at Schoonhoven, that is where I trained, you pick up some very useful skills there and it is also a good back up.

I don't think you are going to have much troubles with the design part of it.

Richard