7th Annual Fire and Brimstone Hammer-In

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 115 hours 46 minutes to go Jesus. And this year, I have a surprise for you. :)

Sorry indeed Alan you know I could always kidnap you at spear point as I go through Thursday! It seems as though old man winter may give us a little love this year... but I don't wanna speak too soon. Great idea about bringing your own high capacity eating utensils Jesus! Be careful folks Sam lives by the puppy theory. That is any attention is good attention. You really canna abuse him.

Cheers, see you soon

Ok, long shot here. Does anyone who's coming have a used grinder they want to unload? If so, shoot me a PM. I'm in the market for a 115V, single phase belt grinder. I figure it's better to ask now and have them bring it than find out someone was looking to sell one but they left it back in their shop several states away and will have to ship.

Looking forward to the weekend!

I have an old Craftsman 2x42 with a dead switch, if you're into electrical repair - it ought to work just fine otherwise.

Unless the motor's burnt out, but I don't think that's it. I'll bring it, we can talk.

Thanks Christopher! I shot you a message with my number so we can talk before the hammer-in if you'd like. I wanted to talk to you about the classes you offer anyway :).

My first job in the Air Force was electronics repair so I can try taking a shot.

Can't wait to head out there Friday afternoon, this will be my first hammer in, having missed last years and received a great deal of ribbing for it, i won't miss this one! Aside from watching various people work i do have a small tanto i would like to get ground and heat treated, and i have a small bucket full of knives and other knife scrap that i'd love to turn into a bloom of some sort if anyone is interested. Otherwise looking forward to a great weekend!

Will anyone other then Jeff be needing firebrick? I broke down Jesus' hearth from lastyear to build me new 48" forge so there are only a couple spares around.

I can get them locally, I just need to know.

Thanks!

Alan, I will take up the mantle of Sam Abuser for you this year. I hope to do you proud.

Kerry,

I am bringing the firebrick I need plus some extra I could part with. I have a few extra large ultra high temp graphite bricks if anyone is interested.

And for you bacon lovers, here is 10.5 pounds of slab bacon for the beans:

13256125884_b34be6420d_o.jpg

Sliced and fried in cast iron:

13255920663_66ca860935_o.jpg

and of course I cannot forget the Kansas City BBQ sauce. Tomorrow night is slaw.

13231916533_fc429c23b5_o.jpg

Nearing the finish line. Time to clean the kitchen. Good night all. -Doug

And for you bacon lovers, here is 10.5 pounds of slab bacon for the bean

:o:o:o:o

Is it the 28th yet :D

That is some serious bacon, Doug! I can't wait to experience it (missed out last year, could only drop in for a few minutes Sunday afternoon). I've found that there is nothing like a slab of bacon and a bunch of hungry smiths!

John

John,

Sorry you missed it last year. Let me help you out so you don't miss this year. Friday, March 21st between 5 and 6PM Eastern Daylight time, BBQ will be served. -Doug

:lol: My bad! Must have mis-remembered the information. Thanks for catching that! In that case, is it Friday yet!?! ;)

John

All my gear is staged, and ready to load on the truck tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to playing in the fire with my friends.

I do have the bellows Zeb.

It would be heroic to do the full Evenstad process, in the hearth, with bloom, and bellows.

I picked out a nice bloom quarter for us to play with. I will be there pretty early Friday.

We can play!!!!!

Mark

All my gear is staged, and ready to load on the truck tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to playing in the fire with my friends.

I do have the bellows Zeb.

It would be heroic to do the full Evenstad process, in the hearth, with bloom, and bellows.

I picked out a nice bloom quarter for us to play with. I will be there pretty early Friday.

We can play!!!!!

Mark

I'll put up the smaller Pigeon Forge bloom quarter for that, happily.

Mike, as soon as the coffe's ready and the bacon done.