Sign in to follow this  
Rik Palm

Web Jelly 2

Well, these are not very exciting but I hope their interesting (please let me know)

I didn't get all the shots I wanted or needed but here's three more pics in the sequence (I'll do better next time)

I took the jelly roll billet and welded/ folded it 3 times, squared it up and drew it out. I then twisted it and then welded it up again. I drew it out again and ground off the scale and did a quick etch to see the pattern. I know this pattern is not very exciting but this is only a look at the outside. But I wanted to see it anyway.

I also (no pics) hammered out a knife from part of the billet too. I'm curious to see its pattern. The only problem might be, is I think I hammered it to close to shape. Not allowing me to cut into it enough and expose the pattern but we will see, I hope I luck out.

anyway, thanx for looking

I only twist about 3-4 inches at a time, also I'm using a adjustable wrench that I welded a piece of bar stock on to help keep the twisting even.

twist

I'm heating it up to flux and weld

forge

Finished twisted billet ready for welding

fluxing twist

I just ground off the scale and did a quick etch.

quick etch

Nothing too exciting just some progess

thanx

Rik

i like it..... "candy to my eyes"

keep up the pic's..... it'll be interesting to see it as a knife

thanks

Greg

Rik, thanks for posting, but use the img tags and the pictures will load when the page is opened.

I like it. Looks good to me. And all of your pics have been very exciting to me. I cant wait to see the knife.

Left here in suspense

-Mike

Sign in to follow this