• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
John_C

KITH WIP

I have been trying to figure out what I want to do for my KITH. My first thought was to do a full tang brut de forge finger guard Kukri (I actually started one awhile back). But I am thinking about doing something else instead. So, here are 2 quick drawings I am considering. First drawing I did is a Kenshar. the 2nd is just a Persian inspired knife I drew up. either knife would have a blade length of around 8-10 inches. let me know what you think. thanks for looking!

kith1.jpg

kith2.jpg

Me too!

Me three! ('Cause the 1st is too close to my idea! ;) )

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that my very very first idea was to make a knife/dagger that King David from the bible would have used, but I didn't find it. maybe it's just my searching skills

I like both designs, but I'm thinking if you were to give the overall profile just a hint of an 's' curve the like would turn to love....

Me three! ('Cause the 1st is too close to my idea! ;) )

yep thire alot of us doing a kard<ish. kinda thingy..............................................

@John-C the second one really has a smiatar look to it it would look eveil even at 4 inches long!!!

~M~

GEzell, are you saying to bring the tip up a little and/or the handle down?

not sure why but its not letting me use quotes right now :(

Edited by John_C

GEzell, are you saying to bring the tip up a little and/or the handle down?

not sure why but its not letting me use quotes right now :(

I was thinking a slight drop to the handle end would be enough, they liked curvy handles most of the time....

Maybe not quite this curvy...

6fb.jpg

Just for inspiration, here is a photo of the only Indo/Persian knife I could find, with a clip point, during a quick internet search. More pictures and information are here, be sure to click the "More Photos" button at the bottom.

ph-0.jpg

~Bruce~

here is my progress so far guys. 1 more weekend is all I need to finish it. its a little over 1000 layers of 1084 and 15n20. brass fittings and ebony handle. blade is 8 1/2 inches. I was trying to make a huge Damascus S-guard for it but after 2 tries, poor weather (my work area has no roof) and time running short I had to settle on the brass. and sorry for the bad picture, just wanted to post some proof. thanks for looking.

kith2014.jpg

Edited by John_C

oh yea . I'll be wearing that puppy to faire with My automan empire garb!!!!!

SWEET!!!!!

~M~

just got the box tonight , sweet!!!! 2 sheathes , this thing rocks!!!!