• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
John F. Ellis

Piha Kaetta knife- My KITH

Hello all, here my entry! ( Or rather, the design that will--hopefully--turn into my entry.)

It is a Sri Lankan Piha Kaetta. It is dated around the 18th century. I find it very cool how closely this resembles a seax blade.

Normally these knives were extremely ornate with lots of gold and such; as evidenced by this picture.

PiaKaetaDagger-8112013T163532 - Copy.jpg

Mine, on the other hand, will be a very cut back version. Maybe it it will have a little bit of decoration, but not all that much.

Here is a rendering that I did in Photoshop.

Kith 2014 - Copy.jpg

Keep in mind that this piece is still in the conceptional stage, so it may change some as I move on.

Tell me what you think!

JF

Edited by John F. Ellis

Wow' I've never seen one of those before, diferent! Most interesting shape...

Thanks guys!

I was searching around for something that wasn't your typical eastern knife, and this seemed just right. :)

Edited by John F. Ellis

Should anyone wish to adorn / "ornate with lots of gold and such" (quot by John F Ellis) this company has precious metals in syringes for jewelers work and such. the point of contact is Mary she is willing to work with the Knife Making Community . Just let Mary know a Gentlemen from S & R Farms Sent you .

http://www.livesaysinc.com/

Best Regards & Blessings