Finally got to play with some cable!!!

Hey all its been awhile. This is my first time working with cable. I was lucky enough to get to see a demonstration last summer at Bowies hammer-in from cable to blade that helped a lot!

The fittings are copper and the handle is blackwood, Oal is 12 1/2". Thanks for looking let me know what you think!

Kip

Cable fighter 001.JPG

Cable fighter 002.JPG

Cable fighter 003.JPG

Cable fighter 004.JPG

Very nice Kip, I love the handle too, very unique. I can't wait too play with the cable I just got. I'm trying to clean all the grease off it. Do you have any tips from what you learned from working with cable?

Very nice Kip, I love the handle too, very unique. I can't wait too play with the cable I just got. I'm trying to clean all the grease off it. Do you have any tips from what you learned from working with cable?

Hey Matt thanks! I was told to bounce the cable on end to knock out as much of the rust and dirt as you can. Then I welded one end shut and the other end to some rebar. I set the weld on a chunk of railroad track that I laid on its side to use the V on the bottom of the rail to keep the cable from spreading out I also twist the cable to keep it tight while setting the the weld. Hope this help, it's fun stuff man good luck and enjoy!

Excellent Kip. I love the deliberate roughness on parts of the blade, like the spine and the ricasso. Contrasts quite nicely with finish of the blade, and the handle. Good stuff man :)

Thanks gentlemen, it means a lot!!!

Kip

Edited by Kip Kaiser

Hey Kip , looks great, its unique and different which is a plus in my book. Hope to get back to work myself soon.

copper and cable, two great tastes that taste great together.

probably get sued for that by the Mars company or Nestle or someone.

Still, I like your knife, and all the pieces go together very well.

Very nice, how did you make the braid in the copper?

Even though I've seen cable before I never realized what this texture resembles, but it's exactly what I need for my project!

-Is there any nickel powder involved?

-Is it one weld only, no cut and fold or any other twist or funny business?

Very nice, how did you make the braid in the copper?

Even though I've seen cable before I never realized what this texture resembles, but it's exactly what I need for my project!

-Is there any nickel powder involved?

-Is it one weld only, no cut and fold or any other twist or funny business?

Hey Steffen, thanks for the kind words. Thats just a straight weld, I went thru the process a ways back in this thread if you want more detail. Its cool stuff!!! Good luck with your project, let me know if I can help.

Kip