• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Svyatoslav Pushkarenko

Some of my vikings

138 posts in this topic

Nice work!

I moved them here because they did not need to be in Jim's tutorial.

Very nice!!

fantasy viking axe - I dont realized yet, how that beast apear on the axe - may be its frame of my mind at that day

19030_1376467859.jpg

1 person likes this

Give me a row of orc necks and room to swing, and all weariness will fall from me.

Ooh, that 1060 one with the thickened edge is nice!

Brilliant axes there! Can't choose which one I like most! One of these days I'll try my hand at one! Thanks for the inspiration...

Holy Cow! Mars indeed! Just goes to show truth is always stranger than fiction. BTW, I like the axe with the wolf/beast, even if it does look somewhat cartoonish.

~Bruce~

Very nice work!

You're obviously very talented, shape looks perfect, so I hope it's OK that I wished for more refined cutting edges on some of them, unless you're recreating historical finds.

I'm thinking about the fantasy viking axe, and the "some more from Sweden" DSC7359 ones in particular. This Swedish one, is the steel bit riveted? And is it textured?

yes Steffen, its a little bit revited, course i used that small ancient hammer during finish operation on anvil, than I desided - "let it be so, why not..."

DSC08917.JPG

1 person likes this