Matt Todd

Viking Metal (the musical kind of metal)

i always find it interesting how metal and metalwork go together so well

especially viking metal and viking metalwork \m/

Indeed, Hail To The Fathers!!

I love Regin Smidur by Tyr...

My band has better battle-gear. And they're Finnish.

And really, who hasn't had that thought in an office meeting before? It's like these guys know me or something. ;)

Edited by Christopher Price

ensiferum's sword chant, one of the best viking metal songs IMHO, i also think it fits this forum nicely.

i also really like turisas, i saw them live once, and it was the most fun concert ever.

ps, i have no idea how to embed a video :unsure:

edit, it worked, was a lot easier than i imagined :D

Edited by pieter-pauld

love these guys to from Faroese

love these guys to from Faroese

Just saw them with Death Angel and COB last night! Great show.

Another great band if you like Tyr is Heidevolk,

as mentioned earlier i like eluveitie and amon amarth any body got anything else always lookin for new metal bands to listen to while i work.

i always find it interesting how metal and metalwork go together so well

especially viking metal and viking metalwork \m/

:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

This just made my day!

I must say, this thread is excellent. Viking metal was possibly the first genre of music I ever really started listening to and it was mostly because I found the name interesting. Many years later, it is still outstanding! Ensiferum is without a doubt one of the best, although their most recent album was a bit of a letdown..

Karter, I had the pleasure of seeing Eluveitie live a year or so back, and without exaggeration, it was the best concert I have ever been to! They are outstanding performers and musicians, and they had all their funky instruments there with them! They played Helvetios in its entirety and then another hour or so after that! Not to mention Wintersun played that night too ;)

Here's a decent one (although more folk than viking) that you might not have heard before- Windfaerer

I'm surprised no one has given an Amon Amarth shout out yet. They have a number of great songs and decent Viking beards!

Hail!

John

edit- just saw Shawn's post about Amon :rolleyes:

Edited by John Page

i had not heard of windfaerer before, and i must say that it is another good band.

i also really like equilibrium, one that you must check out if you like the other music on this thread.

i can also reccommend their song "mana", for when you have a bit of time, it is a grandiose listen

Equilibrium! Classic! They, along with Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, and Tyr were I think the first bands I ever listened to that I remember liking. Moving more into the melodic side of it I have to put a plug for Insomnium. They are perhaps my all time favourite artist of any genre. There is something hypnotizing about their music that, no matter how many times I listen to it, never looses its magic.

This caught my eye since its the name of my forge (which I really hope has not been taken yet lol)

Edited by Matt Todd

Time for some tougher stuff from the north of the country. I always get real nostalgic when I listen to Raubtier, used to live in that part of the country. Not sure if this fits the genre shown here before though :-)

PS: Thanks for the tips guys, loads of stuff I haven't heard before.

PPS: Tried to do the fancy embedding you guys manage, but sorry.. Haven't got the skills.

//DQ

Edited by DanielQ

Let us not forget...

FINNTROLL!

OK.. dont know how to embed...

Edited by grpaavola

Aah yes, Finntroll! I could do with a new Finntroll album. The latest Insomnium release was spectacular, and Eluveitie just announced a new album coming in August. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have a lot to listen to B)

Can't forget SVARTSOT

and KORPIKLANI

FFS... this video has a swordsmith!