The Brother Knives

Josh A Weston

Those are beautiful blades! I must say I really like the file work on the steel guard/collor.

Men are just boys with bigger toys!

Great stuff Josh :) I am not normally a fan of short blades and long handles, but these defy that idea. They just look good, the proportions are nice.

Edited by Wes Detrick

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."  -Albert Camus

http://www.krakenforge.net/

Not sure which I like best...both look great. Cool little hoop on the smaller one. is that the tang curled over?

I have always thought that one man of tolerable abilities may work great changes, and accomplish great affairs among mankind, if he first forms a good plan....

- Benjamin Franklin

Neat work Josh, they sure are different!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

I love them both, but that little one really appeals to me... I love the chiseling on the fittings and the carving, and the shape is ideal with how the blade and handle flow together. Well done man.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Thanks, everyone for the nice feedback! I had a lot of fun making them.

Wes, I usually don't like knives with super short blades like this so I'm not sure where it came from. I just got on a roll and didn't get off.

Phil, I wish the tang was curled over but never of these knives are full tang. I modified a large break of from another build so the pieces only go about 1.5 inches into the handles affixed with epoxy and steel stick.

Very nice work! The little one reminds me of something you'd see in any hidden hamlet in the old country. Practical blade length for most any daily task, but still decorated to add a bit of flair. Don't know how you could have done it any better. The lines are just about perfect.

When reason fails...