Done and done. Reclaimed steel from a coil spring hardened, tempered and sharpened (does pop some hair but could be sharper). Pink lady wood handle with deer antler inlay. Balances exactly on the index finger right behind the forward brass pin. Hand sanded and polished to 600 grit, which as you can see leaves a nice reflective surface. Perfect for a kitchen with some “Medieval” or “Old World” flair. It is one of the knives I will be selling at the Battle of Charleston this upcoming weekend. If it doesn’t sell there it will go straight to my Etsy shop.

Overall length: 10.5"

Blade length: 5.5" cutting

Blade thickness: .125" (where handle and blade meet, tapering to the point)

Handle: 5"

tumblr_n2jhdjYL9f1qz9mvno2_500.jpg

tumblr_n2jhdjYL9f1qz9mvno3_500.jpg

tumblr_n2jhdjYL9f1qz9mvno4_500.jpg

tumblr_n2jhdjYL9f1qz9mvno9_250.jpgtumblr_n2jhdjYL9f1qz9mvno10_250.jpg

wonderful knife Josh! As said above the lines are perfect and so is the combination of materials and colours. :)

Very Nice Josh! I really like the weave inlay and the shape you put into the handle and blade is awsome!

It didn't sell. Not one knife sold at the reenactment. Apparently there was a guy selling super cheap Pakistan shit in one of the vendor tents and everyone was walking around with those -$20 costume jewelry knives. So that made mine the most expensive on the lot. However, they were recognized as good knives and many considered the purchase but I don't think it was the right market. If I wanted to sell them for $20-$50 and take it up the backside, I could have made some cash but I shouldn't have a problem getting full value off my Etsy store.

I did have a good day out there though. I smithed with the guild from 9am to 6pm, got to watch a Civil War battle, bought a new hat and clay pipe and made a scabbard for one of my daggers.

How completely crappy. That is people for you though; they would rather eat McDonalds. That is something that I don't understand. Why are people content to buy something that is garbage because it looks nice? You see that in mall stores that sell some wall hanger sword or knife that is complete gaudy garbage, and people will buy it. Sorry that the people at that reenactment were lame :(

Hate to see that you didn't get any customers at the fair, but that's generally how that crowd goes. I stopped going to fairs just because there's so little, if any, return on the investment. Heck, even my closest friends refuse to buy my knives because they're too expensive (and they're nothing like your work). "Dude, I can get a Buck down at walmart for $50!"

Fairs = cheap trinkets with almost no time and material invested. Key fobs. Bottle openers. Flint strikers. Squirrel cookers. As quick and basic as you can make them, and keep the price below $50 or so. And even then you'll sell more $5 fobs than you will anything else.