Finished a cleaver for KT. Winter has finally released it's grip and I can actually work in the garage without wearing my Carharts. Forged from a truck leaf spring and handled in curly maple from a scrapped pallet! Buddy at work asked why I was ripping apart an old pallet like a rabid beaver! Now you know. I just love free wood, especially when it's this nice. Now I must get it off to KT so he can work some magic with leather! Sorry for the lousy photo but I am camera poor for the present and am using my crappy cellphone!0411141519.jpg

Wow Troy! Love that handle!!! Free wood of that quality is a great find! Good looking cleaver, (I'm at my local pub right now and have just got a 'windhoek draft') so cheers, here's to you! ;)

Troy That is just plain outstanding. Cant thank you enough . Why don't you show the picture of the hawk you made for me. My camera is on the fritz. Its a beauty.. KY

Who makes pallets from curly maple?! That's easy over a hundred bucks in wood! That is a great knife Troy. How big is it? There is no reference...

That is a fantastic blade ! I love your unique take of the blade shape, as opposed to what one may think as being a "traditional " cleaver. Outstanding work.... and now everyone will be rifling through piles of forklift pallets ,haha!

I've found alot of very nice wood on pallets. You can't make anything substantial out of the amount you can scavenge but for handle scales it is a bonanza!