´THE RAVEN´- hommage à E.A.Poe

Agreed, Matthew, I for one can't stop looking at it! (Don't know how many of my friends I've shown it to today) Gerhard, you've given us all something to aspire to...beautiful!

Holy crap. That is an amazing piece, Gerhard!

Very gripping. It absolutely captures the pathos you were looking for, in my opinion. I studied Poe's work and I think you've captured the dark, stark, twisted, yet beautiful flavor of that particular poem.

And, what a very nice touch the feather is!

This is the kind of piece with layers of meaning and subtlety that makes it a joy to own. Something you can examine a thousand times and then on the 1,001th examination, notice a new layer of meaning.

This is an inspiring and humbling piece for me to view. Thank you for sharing it.

Dave

stunning! I can say no more!

Fred

Edited by Fred Crislip

Veery dark. Very beautiful.

Outstanding and painfully so.

I must make sure to see this at your table before it takes to its black wings and disappear for ever more.

Congratulation masterful work and inspired vision.

I missed this for a couple of days. Wow... I always like your work. This is seriously the most complete to date.

Holy whaaat? How did I miss this awsome piece of art............

Great Work is all I can say.... The other guys said it all a great package!!!

Martin

Congratulations on a fine, inspired piece.

It's probably the direction I've been going in my own work lately.. but .. that feather!

I give You a cookie! Honestly! Yay!

P.S. Thanx for the inspiration, I am going to put myself a design along my favorite bird.

Edited by Niaro To
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bravo sir, I love that knife. What an imaginative success, it can't have been easy. I find it overall a haunting work.