Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Richard

A couple for Blade.....

A couple good sized knives I'll be taking with me to Blade. The smaller one has a 9 1/4" W-5 blade and is around 14" overall. It has a died axis crown stag handle. The S guard is 1018 with two wrought iron balls. The rest of the fittings are also wrought iron. The larger knife has 12 1/4" 5160 blade and is just over 16". Its got the same hardware as the other except for the elk crown stag handle.

PDRM1276.JPG

PDRM1280.JPG

Nice ones, Ray! I really like the way your iron fittings turn out. Sort of elegant and primitive at the same time, if you know what I mean.

Nice ones, Ray!  I really like the way your iron fittings turn out.  Sort of elegant and primitive at the same time, if you know what I mean.

24634[/snapback]

Alan, Kind of like old blue jeans and worn out sneaker's.

very nice!!

csc

I like....... :)

Ray

I love the composition of both...nice job. Its been a while since I considered the turned hilt ( up and down)

Dan

Raymond, the flow of these knives are a good example of an experienced eye. I noticed the handle and the blade curve are one continuous flow, even though one of the knives is rather straight and the other with a little more curve. You can see it well since they're together. I look forward to seeing them in person. I plan on being in Atlanta, so have the candy bowl full! :D Lin

I'll be there if the creek dont rise. I'm submitting my JS test knives at 8:00 am Friday. 13-D Got it. Sack me up a few peices of crown stag , just because....... Well it was worth a try. :rolleyes: Safe trip. Lin