• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bearpaw

Wanted

11 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I'm looking for a 3 burner assembly for an NC Tool Whisper Daddy forge. Any help?

Lessee, I've got my trusty NC Tool catalog right here. Just in case you havn't looked up for new replacemnet parts yet. It says they want $160 for the 3 burner assembly item #0173. Phone is 1-800-446-6498

Dan,

NC Tool will only sell a new burner set with the turn-in of an old set...for liability reasons.

Hmm, that's weird. You might be better off making your own venturis. I like the sidearm design from Here

I've got two of RH Grahams burners but when I asked the propane supplier for a larger regulator to drive them, I was told the law allows only 20# pressure to my shop. When he installs a new regulator to replace the leaking one now on the 250 gallon tank, I'll tweak it to what I need for my NC Tool forge, but I still need to replace Mr. Grahams burners with the NC Tool 3 gang set to run on my lower tweaked pressure. Pretty long winded!

The hardest I ever ran my NC forge was at 15 psi, though it was a two burner. I've since gone to homemade forges and burners.

The sidearm burners will run on almost no pressure if it's installed with a choke plate and flare on up to 20 and 30 psi (I've heard!). I'm not familiar with Randal's burners but they require 20psi minimum?

I guess my point is that it'll be hard to find the NC burner assembly without going direct through them. I can't imagine anyone wearing out the forge body and leaving the burners intact for sale, but I've been wrong before. Good luck.

John,

I'll let both go for the 3 burner NC Tool set.

Roger

John, sorry it's taken me so long... I've had a lot on my plate lately.

I'll give you a shout on email tonight.

Cool Randall,

I know you are very busy and did not want to bother you (further). But I would love to hear from you.

John