Laddered "w's" and ironwood

Here is the latest out of my shop. First time for laddered w's for me. 14.5" over all and 9" blade, about .25" at the riccaso. Guard is twisted w's, though it look like just twist :( dommed stainless pin in a nicely figgured DI handle. Balance is right under my mark. Let me know what you think. Critique welcomed. ill make a sheath next. 60778D99-BEC0-454B-9B9D-F8666D14CF40-9662CF7191F-307F-4BF5-8B1C-C0F277B1E940-9661E158474-66FF-4636-A17F-A4CB1D852D9B-966

Bad pics, I know. I'll try tomorrow in the light.

Beautiful work, and the damascus is stunning. (Not sure how I feel, however, about using the Declaration of Independance as a photo backdrop. I'm sure no disrespect was intended, but many folks have strong feelings about that particular document.)

David, no disrespect intended!!! I hope all know that.

Nate, i dome one side in a little riveter I made, then install In the handle. Then file it to .030~ and use a polished center punch that I have domed like a little ball pein. I also use a straight punch to get the last little bit to touch the handle with out making ugly marks. A few seconds on the buffer and done. At least that's how I did that one, until I find a better way!

David, no disrespect intended!!! I hope all know that.

To me it gives the impression that it is a document worth protecting.

Excellent work.

that is really cool.

kc

Beautiful work, and the damascus is stunning. (Not sure how I feel, however, about using the Declaration of Independance as a photo backdrop. I'm sure no disrespect was intended, but many folks have strong feelings about that particular document.)

Then we should continue to see it in every facet of our lives.

Awesome job, Cody, on both accounts. You have nothing to appologize for.

Think I'll go get one and start using it as well.

Edited by Karl B. Andersen
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking good Cody. Did you do the sheath? If you so.. you like to skip the whole learning curve thing. :-)

See you next month??

Nice! Everything about this goes so well together. The more I look at ironwood, the more I love it.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the texture on the part of the sheath near the mouth? Thanks.