I was waiting to use this piece of oosik and finally got the urge.

Overall length is 12 5/8" with 7" of cable. The handle is walrus oosik with copper and natural gut sinew.

The perfect sheath was made by my great friend Terry Morin (KT).

As always all comments are welcomed.

Oosik and Cable 002.jpg

Oosik and Cable 008.jpg

Oosik and Cable 009.jpg

Oosik and Cable 011.jpg

Oosik and Cable 010.jpg

Beautiful. Do you find that you often have twisting or warping when you heat treat cable? I love the way the stuff looks, but I was finding it such a PITA to work with, I stopped. What's the trick to heat treating this stuff?

Wade, I really like that one, and of course KT's sheath sits it off well!

Wade I Really like this one a lot!!! I'm glad you left forge marks on the blade!

KT comes thru again! I can see why you like this guy Wade, he kinda grows on ya!

Great work Gent's

Kip

Wade as usual u out did your self. Handle is great and the patina on the blade don't get any better. You got it down pat . Kip my friend I am not a fungus that grows on you. LOL KT But in your case I might make a ????

Thank you all for the positive comments, they are very much appreciated. :) :) :)

David, I have not had the problems that you are having. After forging I normalize 3 times and before hardening another 3 times. I quench in peanut oil and that is about it.

Don't give up on it I would like to see some of your cable work.

Wade

Wade - sorry I missed this one. The whole thing is just right, in that it all comes together very well. I am actually a big fan of cable, especially if the smith knows how to choose good cable. I like to fold it a couple of times, but I am going for a different aesthetic. As a material, it is under-rated. I think this is just because most of us played with it when we were new, and therefore we act like cable isn't really proper for a sophisticated blade. But, of course, it is (ask Michael Bell).

great combo. No more rant.

kc

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Work Wade ! Well Done I have Always Loved Oosik ( many folks Freak Out when the find out what it is ) and Cable is just a wicked twisted steel when done correctly and you have pulled it of Perfectly !

Best Regards

great style on all counts!