A damascus santoku.

Salem Straub

Here’s a new santoku off the bench.
The blade is forged from my own laddered w’s Damascus, and has a lighter contrasting finish- I’m playing with the finishes on some of my kitchen stuff to see what I like better for use.
The handle is an octagonal wa style, with the African blackwood main section mortised deeply into the ivory paper micarta bolster. A stainless spacer sits between for a just a touch of dress to the otherwise quite restrained materials.
This is quite a thin, light blade- indeed the whole knife is. The balance is nice for cutting from a pinch grip in particular, and the edge curve is mild yet continuous, increasing toward the tip.

Specs are as follows.
Blade length from tip to heel: 7-3/4”.
Overall knife length: 12-3/4”.
Handle length: 4-3/8”.
Spine thickness at plunge cut: .090”
Edge thickness before sharpening: .008”
Total weight: 5-3/4 oz.

Asking price for this knife is $450 USD. Price includes insured shipping to the 50 US of A. Please inquire, for international shipping rates.

Here’s some pics and a vid! Enjoy.

YoE1SwWTz2Rv8LEYXtXUawSa1Fx_YjUKgQAxfwP3
DSC04728.JPG
DSC04729.JPG
DSC04730.JPG
DSC04731.JPG
DSC04732.JPG
DSC04733.JPG
DSC04734.JPG
DSC04735.JPG
DSC04736.JPG
DSC04737.JPG
DSC04738.JPG
DSC04739.JPG

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.
Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.
I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.
I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Salem Straub

Please come and waste some otherwise perfectly good time, looking at my knives!

www.prometheanknives.com

Nice work! Crisp and clean.

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

Stunning pattern!

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

Thanks guys! One time price drop to $400.

www.prometheanknives.com

Very nice. The blade curvature is exceptional....I use to be a professional. ( chef that is)

Daniel

WAXING MOON FORGE

The blacksmith and the artist

reflect it in their art

they forge their creativity

closer to the heart.

Rush

Thanks Dan! I'm going to start rocking the edge on board in all my kitchen knife vids. It helps see what the edge will act like in use.

This knife is now SOLD.

www.prometheanknives.com