MAtthew Boston

client problems (X-MEN

hello,

so as of today I have received 15 emails of people wanting me to build the wolverine class. I don't mean the kind that are fixed blades I mean pneumatic claws. I have clearly explained that they are illegal and considered as an AOW in the states, a primary assault weapon, and a concealed weapon. They are getting this idea from a new youtube video And I figured id warn the board of this annoyance . His design is interesting but in the state illegal. Take a peek

Edited by MAtthew Boston

First...freaking awesome! Two, excellent engineering. Three, not very subtle Lol. And four, someone really needs to switch to decaf! U can't blame a true fan for wanting a set, but no self-respecting armourer would make a set for someone!

Edited by Brian Myers

I too think its awesome and have to admit thats a childhood dream come true. However i dont think id ever try to build something like this.

Crazy English guy :D Pretty awesome though.

Well, he's certainly excited, lol... :D

Those are pretty neat, if a bit over-elaborate. I couldn't build that anyway, so I'll have no problem refusing all the commissions... :P

When I was a kid I made a set of wolvie-claws out of an old 5-tine pitchfork head (cut off the outer two tines)....I proceeded to stab myself in the thigh pretty good with them, still have the scar.

I don't trust the crazy gleam in his eyes. I'm with the rest of you, I wouldn't build a set even if I knew how, which I don't. If I had someone approach me to make a set I'd just tell them that they're illegal or that I don't take commissions.

Doug

First...freaking awesome! Two, excellent engineering. Three, not very subtle Lol. And four, someone really needs to switch to decaf! U can't blame a true fan for wanting a set, but no self-respecting armourer would make a set for someone!

i guess im no self respecting smith but then i think the price point on this would keep the clientele limited at best

Hmmm.. very true. That didn't come out the way I meant it. I would never make a set for some 16 year old testosterone laden kid. But a died in the wool collector, with a good reputation, that would be another matter.

I'd attempt them, if someone serious (and a LOT less wired than Francis K. Whack Job) asked for them. Fortunately, they are quite beyond my ability.

i watched the building and wow the guys good the aesthetics and some of the ergonomics are wonky but the mechanism works hats off to the guy