Reindeer by Roman Stoklasa

Hi folks! I'm posting here some pics of my work after veeeery long time. I'm sorry for it and I promise that I'll do it more frequently.

This is my way scandi style knife. Of course this is BladeSMITH forum but the blade is GRINDED out of Elmax plate :ph34r:;) .

The handle is composed of reindeer antler, honduras palisander burl and bronze.

Thank you for watching!

_RGB0003 (3)-2.jpg

_RGB0004 (3)-2.jpg

_RGB0005 (3)-2.jpg

_RGB0007 (2)-2.jpg

_RGB0009-2.jpg

• Like 1

Very fine work.. very creative. It has so much going on but still toned down enough for every day use. I love it...

Stock removal or forged doesn't really matter here. Creativity and execution are what really matters. Really a fantastic piece of work, very bold and unique design. Well done.

Such a beauty! Love the finish on the blade! As well as the handle construction, very well done!

Wow! That's seriously impressive.

Fantastic, and thank you for the WIP images - helps a lot with a design idea that I have.

First, let me say that this is a beautiful knife, with clean lines and unique design.

Second, I love the frame handle with the small pins coming off. That is totally new to me, and a great idea.

Third, thanks for sharing your technique. We don't discriminate here, stock removal is just fine. especially the way you do it (besides, grinding is way harder than shaping with a hammer, anyway. I am sure most of the other would agree with me on this.)

I think what I love the best about it (and there's so much to love) is the finish. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but you balanced perfect fit and lines and super clean finish with natural, organic, texture. It's just awesome.

That just has one wonderful detail after another. The bolster is great, as is the little piece with the thong hole at the back. Also very ingenious and complicated. I imagine you must have felt like shooting yourself in the head at several points during the making of that knife!

One of the most interesting builds shown here lately. I can't help but getting inspired and I actully started rummaging through the antler storage..

Thank you very much for showing us.

How did you get that beautiful finish on the elmax?

/DQ

Hi guys! Thank you for watching and comments!

I'm not sure if you will be happy for this kind of inspiration because the construction is like 3D shooting without the sights :blink:;)

DanielQ: it's ferric chloride but you must time by time brush the blade wit fine grit (2000) sandpaper during the etching.

Walter Sorrells: my head is fortunatelly bulletproof in this cause :D:D:D