Caribiou with a broken back

Here is a knife I've just finished up. The handle is caribou, the blade is 1084. 6" blade just over 1/4" thick at the break, about 1 3/4" wide at the belly. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

carabouseax3.jpg

Nice curves on the blade, only crit I have is maybe something acting as a 'bolster' to ease the transision of handle to blade, it's just my oppinion though...other than that, I like size, shape and leather work,( my downfall)

Nice work Nate!

Edited by Miles Hebbard

I love the way the Caribou bone narrows down at the blade, very good job of marrying that one up with the right blade to the right bone! rockon.gif

I can attest for not only this pieaces beauty, but also its functional power and presance in hand, from being in my own hand last week. ;)

Its a beautiful piece!
And the shape of that antler is beyond awesome and perfect

Thanks for sharing Nate!

I'm really liking the way your work is going, Nate. Great stuff.

I love that rare occasion when nature provides the perfect fit.

Beautiful piece.

Another winner... the blade proportions are just right, and the handle looks like it was made just for that blade.

cute little knife. I like the auto hamon and the shape of the antler at the rear of the hand.

kc

Thanks for the compliments guys. The antler is amazing to me, I don't even really feel like I made anything, just helped the antler become what it should be.

Truly! It looks like the blade was in there the whole time just waiting to be revealed...