Hi everyone !

I just finished up a project I've been working on for a while now...

Between the technical issues and the commissioner having trouble deciding what he wanted, It took a good 6 months to make ! :D

This is a scramasaxe made from a 600 layers billet, welded by a friend who have access to a power hammer (that helps a bit :lol: ), I then forged, shaped and treated it.

For the handle, he wanted a reminder of another piece I made him, that have a spacer of brass and copper, so I made the bolster of bronze and copper to match it (it took me more time than I care to admit... ), the rest is made of bog oak and moose antler (deer and reindeer don't have antlers big enough here... )

The sheath is made of veg tanned leather and brass, and took me quite a bit of time.... and is quite heavy now !

for the specs :

43 cm overall for 27 cm of bade and 295 grams (705 grams sheathed ! )
(around 17 inches and 10" 1/2)

Pictures !

IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2907.jpg
IMG_2914.jpg

Now, I can't move to the other project, goodbye free time for the next month ! :ph34r:

I love the contrasting metals of the bolster, the suspension system, the blade pattern, the overall shape... pretty much everything about it! Well done man.

Looks great! I really like the lines.

I love the contrasting metals of the bolster, the suspension system, the blade pattern, the overall shape... pretty much everything about it! Well done man.

What George said. I love everything about this. All of it.

that is one you can be proud of, and show to people as an example of what you can do. It is very nice. I know I would be happy with it!

kc