Nicholson Guide to Filing

Hi everyone,

I was just searching for some info to help me decide what files to get for draw filing and I came across this wonderful little guide and thought I would share it with the forum here.

It has a lot of information on files from how they are made, to their shapes and cuts, and when and how to properly use them in a variety of situations.

nicholson_guide_to_filing_2006.pdf

Downloaded from:

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodworks_library/nicholson_guide_to_filing_2006.pdf

Hope you find this helpful!

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2 (KJV)

bezalelblades.blogspot.com

I have never seen that, thanks for the link, I saved it for future reference!

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

Cool! All helping hints are usefull! Should be stuck in 'beginers place' ?

To become old and wise... You first have to survive being young and foolish! ;) Ikisu.blogsot.com. Email; milesikisu@gmail.com mobile: +27784653651

• 10 months later...

I have never seen that, thanks for the link, I saved it for future reference!

Could you re-pot it here because the original link no longer seems to work (404 error)?