Sign in to follow this  
RKNichols

Jim "Paw Paw" Wilson Passes

Some of you may have known, or known about Paw Paw Wilson. A smith from NC and a supporter/guru on Anvilfire. Last week Jim burned off the galvanized coating from some pipe. He inhaled the fumes and took ill. He developed double pneumonia and passed away over the weekend. Jim was a fine and honorable man, a heck of a blacksmith and wonderful husband and father. He would want us to remember him and especially remember the dangers of our craft.

I will miss Jim. He was one of only a few I cared to discuss politics with.May he rest peacefully .I appreciate you letting us know Robert.

Oh, nooo...

I'm sorry to hear about Paw-Paw...Never knew him, but I can tell I woulda liked the guy from the spirit that breathed through his work...Anvilfire is one of the sites that helped get Me started, and anyone willing to use their knowledge to teach and help others as he did gets a gold star in My book, anyday.

I shall hold a cerimony the next time I'm among friends, in his honour - It shall consist of good times, good spirits (emotionally and ethynol based), and utter appriciation for the his work and contributions to Our world. Rather than gloom, to Me this is the best way to honour a man. Pain and sorrow naturally accompanies a loss like this, but it is through that sorrow that we must realize how precious and beautiful life is.

May He have found peace and happieness in the great beyond.

I'm going to miss that guy! He always referred to me as :"Voltaire, you damned long-haired, godless, artsy-fartsy hippie..." and other words of endearment.

He was one heck of a fine fellow, and I let him know it from time to time.