Steve Karakostas

Man at Arms Reforged (with smiths from this forum)

Hey guys I stumbled on this on YouTube today its an online show called Man at Arms Reforged. The original Man at Arms was with bladesmith Tony Swatton, this new one has Kerry Stagmer, Matt Stagmer and Sam Salvati who are members on this forum. Looks amazing guys cant wait to see what you guys make!!!

Steve

Edited by Steve Karakostas

Awesome! It's a pretty cool show, even though a lot of the weapons are kinda crazy! :blink::)

I saw this earlier today (about an hour after it was posted). I can't wait to see Sam at work, having seen the results of his labor on this forum.

I'm looking forward to this new series, i loved man at arms, and i hope the BKS team gets lots of luck and lots of fun with this new project.

Sam for president!!! or whatever the TV- hollywood- male model - infomercial version of that would be.....

Although the items are far out we will show a lot of good classical and modern techniques. We can't get away from some of the silly demo stuff at the end of each episode, but we tried to add as much process to each build to show as many different tools and ways to do things as possible. Oh and I promise not to say bad ass anymore ;-)

Oh and I promise not to say bad ass anymore ;-)

Good... Coming from someone who's avatar looks like a leprechaun it is disturbing, to say the least!

~Bruce~

Although the items are far out we will show a lot of good classical and modern techniques. We can't get away from some of the silly demo stuff at the end of each episode, but we tried to add as much process to each build to show as many different tools and ways to do things as possible. Oh and I promise not to say bad ass anymore ;-)

Don't worry Matt. I think most people understand that it's a negotiation between the artist and the producers. The producers probably want to keep pushing you toward the absurd and you push back toward the authentic. At the end of the day, it's better to have a real bladesmith on the other end of camera.

Have fun. Can't wait to see the episodes!

Dave

Its great to see this all come together! :)

The production team originally came to me earlier this year, and asked if I wanted to be the new host of the show? (which I was appreciative of, but bewildered by)
I quickly told them that the only team alive on the planet capable of pulling this off skillfully are the fine folks at BKS. And lo' and behold this is the outcome! haha :D

Tom Ward and I were in talks with the producer to join for a couple episodes. But in the end it made the most sence for it to focus on Kerry and Matt's team, which I'm glad they did.

I seriously cant wait to see the episodes!

I feel very honored to have played a sneaky behind-the-scenes roll in helping this come to life... ;)

Great job guys. I'm not going to lie, the part where Matt and Ilya are bickering was probably my favorite part.

Do you guys keep the creations? Might be fun to see them at next years Fire and Brimstone.

-Jake

That's awesome! Good luck with future episodes.

Niels.

that was cool, great work and pretty much just solid making, which I like.

Nice one Guys.