Elk Ivories - Knife Maker needed

They would Make an Awesome Cap/End for a Puukko IMHO . how big are they at the molar top ?

I agree with Robert, it they would look really good for the end of a hidden tang puukko, or a sgian dubh, or any other small knife for that matter.

Three Sisters, They would look right at home drilled and hung along with some early American trade beads on a period sheath with a long hunter style knife and fringed rawhide covered sheath. IMHO Martin

Nice! I dig using unusual and different things in my handles, pity we don't have elk in south africa!

Miles,

I put in for a TWRA Elk Draw hunt this year here in Tennessee for the first time in 44 years / well in actually 39 years as I started hunting at age 5 . I am in hopes that i get drawled for it we are allowed to hunt/kill a min of a 5x5 typical or non-typical 4x5 W/a Drop tine as I have held a life time hunting license for 6 years I have 6 years worth of points to apply toward the hunt to get the draw this year so odds are good this time.

So much to use for knife making on elk! A lot of people discard things like leg bones, I cut them into sections +-6 inches, then make a great tasting stock out of them and use the cooked bone for handle/bolser materials...our antelope have 'layered' teeth, and they sepperate and fall apart when 'dry' I did get some elelphant molars once, very cool! They are ridged and make a great non-slip handle, but you don't get things like that often! Best of luck with the draw!!!