• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
James R.Fuller

Kith WIP

So I finally got started on my Kith dagger. Yay! It's a bit of a redesign from my original concept, but it is still basically the same. I got tired of filing and decided to take a break and post a pic. let me know what you guys think!

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Wicked comes to mind.

Looking good so far!

Finished the bevels! Now I just need to drill holes in the tang for the pins, and I can heat treat it!

photo1 (1).jpg

Finally finished!

There are a LOT of tiny mistakes, but I am at least pleased with it. I am very inexperienced, and this is my first attempt at brass bolsters. Hope you like it. Give me your feed back!

image.jpg

It's ok. There are quite a few scratches in the bolsters I can't seem to be rid of...

You know, that has curves in all the right places :D

It is curly maple, but it is not super figured. I treated it to some "bison brown" leather dye mixed into my tru oil.

I was lucky enough to receive this fine-fitting beu this evening, and my; it sure does feel fantastic in the hand! Very well done, your pictures give no justice.

Thank you very kindly, sir. I'm glad you appreciate it in all it's inexperienced craftsmanship...:P

You're quite welcome, it really is a wicked piece. I decided on making a display for it, but that something simple that doesn't take attention away from the display's focus was needed. I came up with a Fire Stained plank of Blood Wood, and some forged steel twists, ten penny nail based.

635516861616176141.jpg