I call her Buella

NHzRRoK.jpg

My new chainsaw, and MS 311 (a 291 with 2 extra ccs and some more power) . Ive been slabbing out this tree I cut down a couple weeks back for coffee tables and the like (some of it will be saved for cutlery).

EDIT: Sorry If I start a Stihl vs. Husky debate, I love them both and use Huskies for work.

Edited by Gregory Lirot

I ain't about to get into that debate! :lol: What kind of tree/wood is that?????? I guess that brings out the debate is it still a tree or is it now wood! :unsure: I say wood! :D

I ain't about to get into that debate! :lol: What kind of tree/wood is that?????? I guess that brings out the debate is it still a tree or is it now wood! :unsure: I say wood! :D

Haha, good call. I have seen fellas get into shouting matches over it. :rolleyes: Then all of em yell at me since I like both! Its pretty bad. Its Red Maple (Acer rubra I belive).

What are these Stihls and Huskys? Hobby saws? I've only heard of Jonsered. :-)

Edited by Scott A. Roush

How about Shindaiwa? I'm not trying to get into a debate either. When my son was a senior in high school he got into the Battlebot craze. He picked up a mid-sized Shindaiwa at a garage sale, paired it with a 24" diameter sawmill blade and went on to some fame and a little fortune with "Sunshine Lollibot."

He was just a kid and he did really well considering and got to the eliminations where his match was featured on TV over and over because he lost in such a dramatic fashion. Here is the most famous of his fights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN24y-FJeMQ Well for the next season he approached Shindaiwa and they gave him the biggest powerhead they make. He built another bot that didn't do as well and since he was in college he couldn't get as involved and then the show went away. In any case my chainsaw was stolen so he gave me the powerhead which was nearly unscathed and I added a 24 inch bar. I had never used a serious chainsaw before, wow. What a difference between that and my homeowner's Stihl.

Todd

Interesting little fact I recently acquired, apparently wood is anything smaller than 24 inches in diameter. All else is timber! In tudor england the landowner laid claim to all timber, and the tenant could harvest the wood. My source is a bbc series about farming, maybe someone would verify or contradict this?

Sort of an aside, but I found it interesting. Nice saw!

wood is anything smaller than 24 inches in diameter. All else is timber! In tudor england the landowner laid claim to all timber, and the tenant could harvest the wood.

That is really cool info!

Gregory: Excelent saw you have there! The only reason I don't have a Stihl is because the salesman didn't give me the time of day, so I walked next door and bought a husqvarna.

What are these Stihls and Huskys? Hobby saws? I've only heard of Jonsered. :-)

hah! My favorite! They are just unavailable where I live. :'(

Interesting little fact I recently acquired, apparently wood is anything smaller than 24 inches in diameter. All else is timber! In tudor england the landowner laid claim to all timber, and the tenant could harvest the wood. My source is a bbc series about farming, maybe someone would verify or contradict this?

Sort of an aside, but I found it interesting. Nice saw!

Cool fact, I think I have heard the same thing.

That is really cool info!

Gregory: Excelent saw you have there! The only reason I don't have a Stihl is because the salesman didn't give me the time of day, so I walked next door and bought a husqvarna.

I really think it is an underpowered piece of crap after having used it heavily for two weeks. For a 20lb saw it really doesnt pull a chain as well as it could, it runs so lean It has no low end power once the chain speed drops and I cant fix that without voiding my warranty. I hope you Husky runs better!

• 1 month later...

I've dumped Thousands of feet of redwood, fir, and cedar with my 371 XP Husky NEVER any issues !!!

Edited by Clifford Brewer