"Big Spike-Pattern Welded" Railroad Spike Knife

Hello all,

Here is another piece I had some fun with. I’ve done pattern welded spikes and I’ve done Big spikes, here’s my first mix of the two with a nice John Cohea sheath as well. I hope you like it.

Thanks again,

J.

003a_5.jpg

Here is a clip-point version of my "Big Spike" Railroad spike knife in a "pattern welded" version, which means splitting the spike 3 ways down the length of the first half of the spike and forge welding in 15N20 steel. The "plus size" high carbon steel railroad spike is then twisted and forged into a blade. The handle is twisted and acid soaked, leaving a nice forge finish to the low pints and then polished head and rises for a nice contrast. The knife is 11" overall length with a 6 1/2" cutting edge. The knife comes with a rawhide period sheath by John Cohea with lace, iron tacks and an exotic skin inlaid belt loop.

Price, with rawhide sheath: $450.00, plus shipping.

006_170.jpg

007_159.jpg

008_148.jpg

009_148.jpg

010_131.jpg

011_105.jpg

Check/M.O. as well as Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express and Paypal are all accepted and your satisfaction is always guaranteed.

Also, check out new knives just posted and web site updates at.... www.mountainhollow.net

J. Neilson

ABS Mastersmith

187 Cistern Ln.

Towanda, PA 18848

570-721-0470

Wow! fantastic!!!

I love the "brut de forge*" way... and this knife is really a beauty... the sheath is amazing as well...!

Superb!

*That's the style I am almost only working nowadays... I am a beginner (I practice for 6 months) ;)