Moving to Richmond Virginia

Hello. I will be moving to Richmond, Virginia in the next month or two, and was wondering if there were any bladesmiths there ? I have been smithing for 30 years and would love to meet other Bladesmiths in this new City ! Email me at Banninghammer@gmail.com , thanks !

I wouldn't consider myself a bladesmith by any means, but I live there! I've got a little propane forge and am in the process of forging the first few things for myself. I'd love to have another smith to meet up with.

Look up Roger Smith when you get there. He's a (very good!) blacksmith rather than bladesmith, but he's also got a line-shaft driven shop full of cool equipment. Check with the Central Virginia Blacksmith's Guild, http://www.cvbg.org/, they have a very active group. I see that Jerry Veneziano is the current president, he's a good guy as well.

Colonial Heights is about an hour south of me or so, just above Petersburg. I live in the west end. I'm moving (still in the west end) in September, and will likely not do much forging until I'm in the new house and settled, but then I'm good to go. Let me know when you get here!

Edited by Justin Mitchell