Coping with what we do

Jesse Frank

My experience is about 80% of the people are good people. About 19% can be a problem sometimes, and about 1% are a serious danger to life, limb, and property, if intermittently. As a general rule I also know a persons instincts won't usually let them down. Make the best blade you can, follow your instincts, and the end use is in the hands of the user. If I spell a word wrong I don't blame the keyboard. As far as an unarmed person being easy to control, I say it's in the heart. Be a righteous person, stand strong in your convictions, and fear no man. Knifemaker 'til I'm dead.

UH..Sorry fellas, gotta go...wife says I have to do the dishes now. :D

Crocker Knives

A government conspiracy then, huh?

25979[/snapback]

As far as I can tell, no government has *ever* been known to make plans behind closed doors.

:huh:

Exactly, J. Arthur!

I trust all government, all the time, to find and implement all possible solutions to every problem. You and I know that they are out to do *us* only GOOD. :lol:

Benjamin! How many knives have you munched so far? Hope there's no acid reflux... but if there is, your doc can prescribe a nostrum that'll fix ya right up in a twinkling. :rolleyes: Of course the side effects might kill ya... but what the hay.

Jimmy... who falls into Tim Crocker's one percent of the population who are dangerous to life, limb and property (but not *intermittently*).

Concerning doctors, to paraphrase that exemplary lexicographer Ambrose Bierce:

"A doctor was burying his most recent patient. A yellow mongrel sidled up to him and watched the festivities with interest. Finally, the dog inquired of the physician 'I assume you're going to dig him back up later to gnaw on him?'

'Filthy cur,' exclaimed the doctor, 'I would never do such a thing! I've already picked him clean.' "

"I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife." Molly Ivins

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

Typical response. Condem the tool, let the criminal go. Always blame the knife, gun, ball bat, etc.. They caused the person to do the deed. I agree with Oley. It's all because of too many holes. BAN THE HOLES. LET THE CRIMINALS GO!!

Whew, I feel better.

But, Dale, if we ban holes....where will we hide the bodies?

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

I guess I never thought about that. Also, it would completely ruin my plans to dig up old oil wells, cut them into lengths and sell them as pre-fabricated post holes. I guess we'll just have to get congress to pass some laws to regulate holes. They seem to be pretty good at that.

But, Dale, if we ban holes....where will we hide the bodies?

26374[/snapback]

Voltaire, my friend...

Use thy head!! Bury the bodies under a mountain of bureaucratic red tape. Or, if ya want to clown around, just put 'em in the crawl space under the house. Or, if you're into recycling, ya can Jeffery Dahmer 'em. We don't need no DAM*ED holes!!!!

I think I'm gonna gag. :blink:

Jimmy...

Of course, Oley, we could use the holes to bury the bureaucrats. That might make life a lot easier.

Of course, Oley, we could use the holes to bury the bureaucrats. That might make life a lot easier.

26407[/snapback]

Oddly enough, Dale, the hole in the usual bureaucrats face is*just* large enough to insert a second bureaucrat. The question arises, though, as to whether B1, when stuffed with B2, would still be of a size that would fit into B3? And that brings us back around to getting rid of *holes*. Perhaps if we just got rid of B-holes (along with A-holes, while we're about it), maybe regular old holes, dug in the soil, could be put to the many uses for which they are intended.

Three Whack... where the hell are ya when we need some input??

One Whack :angry:

After playing Jonathon in "Arsenic and Old Lace", I've developed a fondness for using window boxes and the Panama canal.

Speaking of clowns, and all joking aside, I bought several pairs of shoes from that unpleasant fellow Illinoisan (Gacey) when I was a teenager and he managed a shoestore in my hometown.

Shudder...

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

I remember a case where a customer had placed a dirk I'd made on a mantelpiece, with no sheath. It apparently fell off, because of vibrations, onto a fellow working below with power tools. Apparently it penetrated the back of the neck and slid in about 2 " or so- this was very sharp. A quarter to a half inch either way, and either a major artery would've gone, or the spinal cord.

I had nightmares about that for weeks.

• Sad 1

Voltaire -- You bought shoes from gacey? Wow...If you could prove it, those would be worth *ALOT* of money I'm sure... Wow, that's just freaky...Talk about getting off on the wrong foot with someone... ::gets ready to dodge Tomatoes and sharp objects:: I'm a pun-whore...I apologize :-X

I have suffered for My arts... Now it's your turn.

And I saw that video about knives in scotland..Oy..

Honestly fellows, I sometimes think We need to legalize ALL forms of weaponry and abolish ALL murder/violence laws... My logic? Either people will start to learn to act more responsibly and appriciate life more and stop the mindless killing/stop the ones doing the mindless killing and learn to become smarter/stronger to avoid it.... Or...extinction...I really wonder what it'd be sometimes. It'd be an interesting social experiment, to be sure.... But, that's Just My sleep deprived thought of the week

Ouch!!

I always start back-peddling when someone says "Man have I got a deal for you"---"here are the latest changes in the rules"--This is absolutely, what you have to do" "What you think is of no-importance"

The red tape of this world and the b-people that attempt to back up the STUPID laws that are thought up by SPECIAL interest groups, are going to be the end of a civilized world. After they get the placid, lazy, nonthinking populace to accept all the rules and regs. They will have all of us indentified and logged. Then the outlaws and the bullys of the world will have their way.

In the bathroom at the San Diego Airport, about thirty five years ago. A young black man came in the bathroom and pushed the door shut and stood there looking at me like he was weighing and measuring me.

I had a high quality Navajo watch band and bucket, hand-made boots, highdollar hat, custom shirt. I was not very big and might have looked like a soft mark to him.BOG. I told him "You better know how tough you are. Because, if you are no tougher than you look, I am fixing to clean out all of your pockets, just to see what you have taken off of other people."

He moved away from the door and we just kinda watzed around the room and I ended up at the door and just walked out. BOG

An oz. of bluff is sometimes worth a lb. of fight.BIG OLD GRIN.

Can you imagine a world where, the only weapons are in the hands of the criminals??? :(:(

Chuck

sandpile.... I can indeed imagine a world where weapons are only in the hands of criminals..However, Not all criminals are "bad guys".... Just think, Our founding fathers had weapons, and they WERE criminals (to the british, the current ruling government)... ...Another oorah from Me for Moral "criminals" with weapons.:-D

Really, I dont like all the damn government rules (maybe some of ya picked up that from Me by now...)-- You also have to think of what a government is. It's a gang, a mafia, rebels, outlaws, criminals. That's the whole history of Man, to Me -- just gangs fighting turf wars, though some albietly have "better" intentions than others.

So, when a group is small and challenges the laws of the current government...they're a gang, a bunch of no good criminals... If that gang manages to sweep through and obliterate the previous government and assume control...Guess what? They're not a "gang" anymore, they're your government, and they know what's best for ya.

Why? They say so, cuz, they managed to blitzkrieg their way to power.

I've been in areas where gangs have far more control than the "legal' Powers of the land. Man's history in action, those gangbangin' vato's hold more power in that area than the local law enforcement can hope to combat alone, that makes them "king of the hill" on a smaller scale..at least, until the next guy (rival gang, or the law after getting reenforcements (comparitivly like an alliance with another country in war) manages then knock em down ..then they aint' king, no more.

Only difference is now, they use more politics to HOLD dominance in addition to good ol' muscle and firepower. They can do that cuz' they're the big dog now and the king of the hill.

This is why I try to stay as neutral as possible..less headache for Me..I try to comply with sensible laws, and treat the first line enforcers (Cops) nicely..cuz, after all, they have a job that's a PITA, and most of the ones I know are nice and respectible enough. However, some laws, I dont agree with.........

But I think challenging and prehaps breaking laws that one feels is un-just is FAR more patriotic than blind obediance because of fear. Sure, this can make ya get arrested and fined, locked up, or shot -- but, in any war, fight, or challenge-there's gonna be sacrifices..Our founding fathers made them, and now we're not britains slave-toy, but rather, for better or for worse, We're a super-power. Ah yes, the things criminals fighting for their beliefs can do...

And nice bluff by the way, sandpile -- I'd say that was pretty well handled all in all. When in doubt, Cheat and make em' think ya hold cards ya don't, or don't have cards ya really DO have. :-)

Edited by Brett Josef Schmidthuber

An oz. of bluff is sometimes worth a lb. of fight.BIG OLD GRIN.

26557[/snapback]

Yep... but a pound of fight can be ten pounds of fun. :rolleyes:

Thumping one that really *needs* it is more fun than forging a Bowie.

Jimmy... who'll get his azz whupped fer sure one a these days ;)