• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Langston

yahoo

3 posts in this topic

gday peoples'

when i try to log on to the forum it defaults me to yahoo ,its been doing this for about 3 weeks ive re set the default settings ,but to no avail it keeps coming back ,any one else seen this

thanks john langston [useit]

Sounds like a tracking cookie issue to me, which is one reason I haven't used Yahoo for years... Try clearing your cache and run Spybot Search and Destroy (it's a free download) to clear the cookies. That ought to fix the issue. If you aren't already running some sort of anti-spyware program it may surprise you how many tracking cookies and registry glitches you've picked up. I ran Spybot on my parents' computer last year and cleared something like 5600 cookies, spybots, registry misdirects, and so on.

thankyou alan

iwill have a go and see what happens